Website Ian Harrington Group
Quality Road Solutions
- Start a career in a thriving industry
- 12 month formal traineeship in Civil Construction with the opportunity for full-time work upon successful completion
- Competitive trainee rates
Do you like to work outdoors? Do you want to develop a well paid career and learn highly desired skills in a thriving industry? Do you have aspirations to become an experienced crew member specialising in road surfacing or road line markings, a Foreman, Supervisor, Manager, Project Manager, Engineer or more?
These are some of the career paths you are able to create for yourself by starting as a trainee with the Ian Harrington Group.
The Ian Harrington Group has a proud and rich history as a privately owned and operated Tasmanian company providing bituminous surfacing, road and line marking, and road safety barrier systems throughout the state. Operating for over 50 years, across the state, the company is committed to the safety of its employees and the public, product quality, and customer service.
Due to our expanding business, we are excited to be offering multiple traineeships across our Roadways and Statewide Linemarking operations based in Burnie and in Hobart. The traineeships will form part of our teams that help lay quality road surfacing and line marking across the state.
You will receive on the job training and support across a range of skills and machinery operation. Your tickets and licencing will be funded by the business.
You will be accountable for:
- Satisfactorily completing a 12 month Certificate II in Civil Construction
- Complying with company policies and procedures
- Being a team player
- Ensuring you operate with a safety first approach
- Being punctual
To be considered for the role you must have:
- White Card (or the ability to obtain prior to employment)
- Current Australian Driver’s licence (Provisional or full)
- An interest in the Civil Construction Industry
- A willingness to listen and learn
- A commitment to safe working practices
Desirable (but not essential)
- Experience working on high risk sites
- Experience operating farm equipment
- Experience in a blue collar environment
Join us to start your civil infrastructure career now!
We respect and value diversity and strive for an inclusive workplace. We therefore encourage females applicants and applicants from diverse backgrounds to apply including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders.
Please note that applicants will be required to undertake National Police Check, Drug and Alcohol and Pre-Employment Medical assessments.
Attach your up to date cv, with a letter outlining some information about yourself and why you want to join our team as a trainee by Sunday 23rd May 2021, via Seek.com.
To apply for this job please visit www.seek.com.au.